Measuring your food portions will effectively allow you to monitor your food intake more precisely and accurately. Unlike popular notions, a person with diabetes can enjoy a healthy and varied diet and effectively manage their blood sugar levels.
What Are The Different Meal Plan For Diabetes?
The diet which one should follow when suffering from diabetes include:
- balancing proteins, carbohydrates, and fats to meet dietary goals
- planning ahead
- measuring portions accurately
Once you have these ideas in mind, you can then follow the listed steps and formulate a healthy seven days full meal plan:
- Determine how many portions of carbohydrates and other food components will meet the daily targets.
- Note daily targets for calories and carbohydrates.
- Review the rankings of familiar and favorite foods and incorporate them into meals, considering the information above.
- Divide the daily portions among a day’s meals and snacks.
- Plan meals to maximize ingredients by having roasted chicken one day and chicken soup the next.
- Use exchange lists and other resources to fill out a daily schedule.
- Monitor blood sugar levels every day and weight regularly to see if the meal plan produces the desired results.
- Repeat the process for each day of the week.
How To Plan Your Diet?
If you have diabetes, then planning the meal ahead is always advisable. It is essential to understand how dietary choices can impact the complications of diabetes, for example, the fact that salt increases the risk of high blood pressure; therefore, the meal should be planned accordingly.
Here are the factors that you should consider while you prepare your diet:
- Consuming plenty of fiber helps manage blood sugar levels and reduce the risk of weight gain, cardiovascular disease, high cholesterol, and other health issues.
- You should balance your carbohydrate intake with activity levels and the use of insulin and other such kinds of medications.
- You should limit the intake of processed carbohydrates and foods with added sugars — such as cookies, candies, and sodas — these are more likely to cause a sugar spike than vegetables and whole grains.
- It is essential to consider individual treatment plans, which also contain recommendations from a doctor and dietitian.
- Furthermore, managing weight can help a person handle the development of diabetes and its complications.
An ideal diabetes meal plan will offer a healthy food intake. The meal will include 1,200 to 1,600 calories per day. To get the maximum out of it, follow the diet plans regularly.
Meal Plan Type
To get a proper understanding, we have provided some healthy meal plans for you. Read further to get more details:
Three-quarters of a cup blueberries, 1 cup (100g) cooked oatmeal,1 teaspoon (tsp) chia seeds, 1 oz almonds
[Total carbs: Approximately 34]
Salad: 2 oz grilled chicken breast, 2 cups fresh spinach, half a small avocado, a half-cup sliced strawberries, half a cup chickpeas, one-quarter cup shredded carrots, and 2 one tbsp dressing.[Total carbs: Approximately 52]
One small peach diced into one-third cup 2% cottage cheese.[Total carbs: Approximately 16]
Mediterranean couscous: Half a cup sautéed eggplant, two-thirds cup whole wheat cooked couscous, five jumbo olives chopped, four sundried tomatoes, 1 tbsp balsamic vinegar, half a diced cucumber, and fresh basil.[Total carbs: Approximately 38]
Sweet potato toast: Topped with 1 oz goat cheese, spinach, two slices (100 g) toasted sweet potato, and 1 tsp sprinkled flaxseed.[Total carbs: Approximately 44]
2 oz roast chicken, 1 tbsp low-fat French dressing,1 cup raw cauliflower, 1 cup fresh strawberries.[Total carbs: Approximately 23]
One cup of low-fat plain Greek yogurt mixed with half a small banana.[Total carbs: Approximately 15]
8 oz silken tofu, Two-thirds cup of quinoa, 1 cup cooked bok choy, 2 tsp olive oil, 1 cup steamed broccoli, and one kiwi.[Total carbs: Approximately 44]
So what are you waiting for? Plan your meals on similar lines and enjoy a healthy and wholesome meal when suffering from diabetes.
You May Also Read: Best Morning Habits To Be Followed To Lose Weight!