Weight loss does not only mean that you have to add healthy food items to your diet. It also means that you will have to get rid of a few unhealthy food items too. Addition or withdrawal, whatever you do in your everyday diet, just make sure that it suits you and has a positive effect on your body.
7 Food Items To Avoid When Trying To Lose Weight
Processed foods are one of the unhealthy foods that you can have as it leads only to weight gain. We have put together a list of a few food items that you need to avoid in order to lose weight.
Which Food Items To Avoid For Weight Loss?
- French fries– Potatoes may be healthy but their other forms such as french fries, chips, etc. are not. These fries and chips are rich in calories and easily increase your weight. Not only weight gain, potato chips and fries also cause the risks of cancer. Instead of fried potatoes, you can have plain or boiled potatoes.
- Sweet drinks– Beverages that are sugary such as soda are considered as one of the unhealthiest foods ever. Sugar is very bad for your body. It only leads to weight gain and other major health risks if consumed in an excessive way. You may think it makes you feel full for a long time because of its liquid form, but that’s not the case. Neither it makes you feel full or it helps in losing your appetite. You need to give up on sugar drinks completely if you want to lose weight.
- White bread– You may be having white bread every day thinking it would not affect your weight. Well, it does. White bread has added sugar and is highly refined. It has a high glycemic index and increases your blood sugar levels. According to a few studies, white bread has up to 40% risk of obesity and weight gain. You can switch to healthy alternatives of white bread such as almond flour bread, cornbread, etc.
- Cookies, pastries, cakes– All of the three items have added sugar and refined flour. Cookies, pastries, and cakes also contain artificial trans fats that are harmful and increase the risks of so many diseases. These are low in nutrients and high in calories. These make you feel more hungry as well. In case you want something sweet, you can switch to dark chocolates instead.
- Pizza– Everybody loves pizza as they are a fun meal for every party. But the commercial ones are quite unhealthy. Pizzas contain refined flour and are high in calories. In the case of non-veg pizza, they contain processed meat. If you have a craving for pizza, try making one with healthy ingredients. You can also opt for healthy pizza options.
- Coffee drinks– Coffee is such a confusing beverage. It can help you burn fat if used properly. On the other hand, it can affect your weight loss too. Unhealthy ingredients such as sugar, artificial cream, etc. can cause you to gain weight. Coffee that has high calories is similar to soda since they have as many calories as they have in a whole meal. You can switch to plain or black coffee in order to lose weight.
- Candy bars– As tempting as they may seem, candy bars are a very unhealthy product since they contain a high amount of sugar, refined flour, and added oil into a small piece of bar. They do not contain any nutrients and are very rich in calories. A candy bar can have up to 300 calories on average. You can switch to healthy alternatives of the same and have fruits or nuts whenever you crave candy bars.
Junk foods, sugar, highly processed foods, etc. are extremely unhealthy. They are loaded with bad fat and do nothing except increase your weight. There is always a healthy alternative to a portion of unhealthy food which you must choose in order to lose weight. Read about the terms or names of sugar that food manufacturers use to mislead people. One of the effective ways in which you can lose weight is to practice mindful eating. You need to pay close attention to every bite you eat, monitor your cravings or fullness, and chew your food slowly in the process.